Wednesday, April 21, 2010

In the Meantime...

So I find myself gearing up for a mighty new adventure in my life. It's exciting, liberating in many senses, scary, and it is the unknown. I can't wait, and yet my flesh is starting to catch up with me a little bit. I'm starting to realize the depth of this commitment, the amazing friends that I've made that I love so much and will miss tremendously, my puppies that are like my own children that I hate to leave (I know it's corny), and once again, the unknown. However, despite these fears that are valid, human, and (I feel) necessary in order to prepare for this trip by grieving properly, I wouldn't trade where I'm at for anything this world has to offer. To think about the opportunity the Lord has graced me with to be able to travel and live across the globe amongst people of a different language & culture and declare the love of Jesus Christ and most importantly demonstrate Christ through loving these people brings such JOY to my spirit. :) God is so good. He really is. I find this element essential for me, for my friends/family/prayer warriors, and whoever else involved in this journey....PRAY WITHOUT CEASING. I just keep hearing these words over and over again. When I become fearful, PRAY WITHOUT CEASING. When doubt starts creeping in, PRAY WITHOUT CEASING. You get the point. This is such a time of growth in my relationship with Christ...to learn to trust Him even more and to daily lay down my life to Him, however that is supposed to look. I'm so glad I get to share this journey & have you all be a part of it as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment